Student Health Services
Heinz Hall, Ground Floor
The mission of Student Health Services, is to provide ambulatory medical services and healthy lifestyle promotion to students in the Arcadia community. SHS professional staff includes two certified Nurse Practitioners.
All full-time students must submit a completed health record prior to their appointment Part-time students may receive medical care for a fee only if they have submitted a completed health record; otherwise, only emergency care is provided. Care provided by SHS includes:
- Acute sick visits
- Women's Health
- Laboratory testing, utilizing LabCorp
- STD testing
- Physical examinations for work, study abroad or other clearances
- Travel medicine (including malaria and yellow fever protection)
- Prescription renewal (except psychiatric medications)
Student Health Services hours are Monday through Thursday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, Wednesdays from 9:30 am to 4:30 pm, and Friday 8:30 am to 4:00 pm. SHS operates by appointment only. Appointments can be scheduled though Patient Portal (found on the My Arcadia homepage). SHS is closed for lunch daily at 11:45-12:30. Physicians’ hours are Mondays from 3:00 pm to 4:30 pm and Thursdays from 2:30 pm to 4:30 pm.
Student Health Services has free prescription delivery service from Wesley Pharmacy. Students can bring their prescriptions to SHS and have them faxed along with their insurance card or have their doctor’s office contact Wesley directly. Students are responsible for notifying Wesley Pharmacy of prescriptions and giving the pharmacy appropriate information. Wesley Pharmacy can be contacted at: 108 South Easton Road, Glenside, Pa. 19038, Phone: 215-887-4577, Fax: 215-887-4505 or www.wesleypharmacy.com.
Confidentiality: Strict confidentiality will be maintained in all health matters. No information will be released without student consent (this includes parents).
For further information contact Kathy McGovern, CRNP, Director of Student Health Services, 215-572- 2844.
The following regulations are consistent with Arcadia University’s policy of preventive heath care and are made in the interests of your health and the health of the University community as a whole.
- In the event of illness or emergency when Student Health Services is not open, contact your Resident Assistant, Area Coordinator, the staff member on duty, or Public Safety at X 2999
- In case of emergencies during Student Health Services hours, contact the staff in Student Health Services. The Area Coordinator or the Resident Assistant should be notified as soon as possible. If an ambulance is required, Student Health Services or Public Safety personnel will notify the Cheltenham Police. Transportation to and from the hospital (other than in extreme emergencies) is the responsibility of the student; Student Health Services will assist students in finding suitable transportation.
- If you miss more than three days of classes due to illness or emergencies, contact the Associate Dean of Undergraduate Studies, Bruce Keller, 215-572-2922, who will notify the appropriate faculty.
- All requests from the family physician for medical treatment to be carried out by Student Health Services must be in writing and signed by your family physician. If you have medication on campus prescribed by a family physician, bring a copy of the prescription to Student Health Services to be included in your medical file.
- In the event of illness, it is the student’s responsibility to contact appropriate faculty. Student Health Services does not give excuses for missed classes.