Office of Career Education
EXPLORE, ENGAGE, EMBARK
THE MISSION OF THE OFFICE OF CAREER EDUCATION (OCE) IS TO EDUCATE AND CREATE CONNECTIONS FOR THE ARCADIA UNIVERSITY COMMUNITY IN ORDER TO FACILITATE THE HOLISTIC CAREER DEVELOPMENT OF UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS, GRADUATE STUDENTS, AND ALUMNI.
- Career Counseling: Individual career counseling is available by appointment on topics such as career exploration, identification, and preparation. We assist students at every step in the career development process. Whether you want to explore your career interests, navigate the job search process, or apply to graduate school, our Career Educators will help. Additionally, we will help you hone your professional resume, build interview techniques, create your LinkedIn profile, and more.
- Assessments: Interest and personality assessments such as Focus2, Strong Interest Inventory, and Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) are used to help you identify your interests, skills, and personality preferences in relation to selecting a major and career decision-making. These assessments are interpreted by a Career Educator through individual career consultations.
- Express Consultations: The OCE offers daily express consultations (no appointment needed) for resume guidance and assistance with KnightLink, Arcadia’s online hub for job and internship opportunities. Express consultations are offered during the academic year with our Career Peer Advisors (CPAs). Visit arcadia.edu/oce for a schedule of express consultations.
- Career Mentoring: The Alumni Career Mentor Program matches undergraduate students with an alumni mentor. A trusted alumni mentor can offer professional insights, expand your areas of interest, and help you build professional contacts. Be sure to sign up to participate in this program each year. Student registration occurs each September. The registration form can be found at arcadia.edu/mentor-program under Mentor Program.
- KnightLink: KnightLink serves as the online hub for Arcadia students and alumni, connecting you to jobs and internships from our employer partners. Apply for internships and jobs, share your resume with employers, and even sign up for on-campus interviews and career events all through KnightLink. (arcadia.edu/knightlinkstudents)
- Career Events: We deliver distinct career events to support Arcadia students and alumni in their career and professional development each semester. Our ever-popular career events include our Resume Revival program, The Knights Networking Series, Spring Internship and Career Fair, and Professional Prep Expo, to name a few. Find and register for all OCE career events through KnightLink.
- Practice Interviews: Improve your ability to discuss your skills in a professional setting through a practice interview with a Career Educator or industry expert. We offer resume-based, behavioral, and industry specific simulations for you to gain experience and hone your interviewing skills. Additionally, we offer recorded online interview simulations that can submitted for feedback.
- Career Resources: A wealth of career and professional advice and resources can be found online at arcadia.edu/oce.
- Internships: The OCE serves as a resource for students seeking to gain practical experience through internships. Internships are essential to the Arcadia experience and are consistently rated among the top criteria employers seek in recent college graduates. Most Arcadia undergraduate students complete at least one internship prior to graduation. The OCE supports students in finding and successfully obtaining internships across a diverse range of industries.
- Employer and Career Connections: A variety of employers visit campus to share industry-specific information, employment, and internship opportunities. We facilitate employer connections through presentations in the classroom, networking events, career fairs, and on-campus interviews.
For further information on our programs, resources and services, contact the Office of Career Education, Knight Hall, Suite 100, 215-572-2939, firstname.lastname@example.org.