Guest rooms are available for use by commuter students or resident students hosting a visitor. All guests are expected to adhere to the University Housing Agreement.
- Use of the guest rooms is on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Each Arcadia University student may submit a request for one reservation per week.
- In accordance with our guest policy, Guest Rooms may not be utilized for more than two consecutive days in a seven-day period.
- No deposit is necessary. However, if the guest room key is not returned on time a $20 fee will be assessed to the host student’s account or, the commuter student using the guest room. If the guest room key is lost, the host student or commuter student using the guest room will be charged a fee for the lock change.
- The University provides no linens for guest rooms.
- When outside of the guest room, any guest of a resident student must be escorted by their host student at all times.
Guest Room Locations
The guest rooms are located in Dilworth, Heinz and Kistler Halls.
- There are 2 male guest rooms and 1 female guest room in Kistler Hall.
- There is 1 coed guest room in Dilworth Hall.
- There are 3 coed guest rooms in Heinz Hall.
Requesting a Reservation
Any student wishing to reserve a guest room should complete the Guest Room Reservation Form which can be found on either the "Commuter Students" or "Residence Life" Blackboard community. This form should be submitted a minimum of 48 hours in advance. Completing the form does not automatically generate a reservation. You will receive further information about space availability in regards to your reservation via e-mail from one of the Area Coordinators. To make a request less than 48 hours in advance, please visit the Residence Life Staff Offices in Kistler or Heinz Halls (across from the lobby) after 5:00pm and request the RA on Duty.
Obtaining the Guest Room Key
After 5:00pm on the day of your reservation, please go to the Area Office for your guest space. If your space is in Kistler or Dilworth Halls, the Area Office is located across from the Kistler lobby. If your space is in Heinz Hall, the Area Office is located across from the Heinz lobby.
Once you arrive, use the campus phone provided on the wall to dial the extension of the RA on duty for that area on that day. The RA on duty will have you complete all of your paperwork and will present you with the key to your space. They can also answer any questions about guest room policies and procedures.
Returning the Guest Room Key
The guest room key to the space you utilized should be returned to the Key Drop Box outside the Area Office where you obtained the key. You should return your key and remove all belongings from the space before 12:00 noon at the end of your reservation. Failure to return the key and associated ID (if applicable) may result in a charge to re-key the space.